About Botox & Xeomin
We are proud to offer the highest quality injectables which work to relax targeted muscles, significantly reducing both fine and deeper wrinkles. These products decrease both static and dynamic lines, for improvement in such symptoms as down-turned smiles, crow’s feet around the eyes, frown lines between the eyebrows, and forehead creases. Not only can it be used for treatment of age-related facial changes, but also as prevention! Starting an early regimen of Botox or Xeomin injections before the formation of facial lines can preserve the elasticity and integrity of skin, keeping your appearance looking youthful longer. These treatments are safe, widely used, and are fast becoming part of a quality skin maintenance routine. We take pride in creating a natural, well-rested, revitalized look for you.
Please call today to find out more about how Botox and Xeomin could help you attain your most rejuvenated appearance.
Frequently Asked Questions and Important Tips for Maximizing Effectiveness and Appearance Before and After your Botox or Xeomin Injection
- This treatment is not recommended if you have an important event within 2 weeks of injection due to the potential for bruising.
- Avoid herbal supplements such as Ginkgo, green tea and anti-inflammatories of any kind for two weeks before and following treatment to limit bruising.
- For the first 5-6 hours following injection, remain upright and periodically perform facial movements in the areas of injections in order to work the Botox into the muscle such as smiling, squinting, etc.
- Do not participate in activities that include heavy lifting, vigorous exercise or straining for 2-3 hours (it takes approximately 2-3 hours for the medication to bind to the nerve and you do not want to increase circulation during that time).
- Do not rub, touch, or manipulate injected areas for 6 hours. Avoid irritating products for 24 hours following injection.
- Makeup may be applied gently before leaving the office. Remember to wipe up and away from your eyes or brows.
- Bruising in the injected area is normal and often expected, especially if treated around the eyes. Bruising can last up to several weeks.
- Arnica may help diminish bruising.
- It may take up to 12 days for the medication to take full effect.
- A follow-up visit at 10 days to 2 weeks is suggested to assess results for subsequent treatments, particularly if you are a first time client.
- If full correction is not achieved, you may need additional Botox or Xeomin for injection.
- Re-treatment is typically needed between 2-6 months.
- Regular injections usually yield a longer lasting result and over time, stubborn lines tend to appear softer and less visible even between treatments.
- If your upper lip was treated, you will not be able to drink through a straw, whistle, or enunciate some words for approximately 2 weeks.